Learn More about our Aromatherapy Certification Program
The mission of the school is to teach professional, up-to-date Courses in Aromatherapy and other certified educational courses in the field of Natural Health and well-being.Knowledge of the most current researched materials, combined with practical hands-on experience, will assist students in their goal towards becoming a Professional Health Practitioner in Aromatherapy. Aromatherapy Professional Certification Course.
The following information contains the course out line for 450 hours. Healing Fragrances Aromatherapy program in collaboration with the CFA core curriculum. Healing Fragrances School of Aromatherapy Certificate Program offers a program that will teach an in-depth study of Aromatherapy.
- Essential Oil Data Cards: Essential Oil Data cards that include informational data on 65 essential oils
- Physiological & Treatment Data Cards: Reference cards pertaining to Aromatherapy treatment for physiological
- 30 clinical case studies: 30 Aromatherapy consultations that include assessments, essential oils used, and application of Aromatherapy. Student must have a second visit, in order receive feedback from client.
- 2000 word Term Paper Based on Aromatherapy Researched Study: that pertains to the community or other occupations (e.g. in the field of education, palliatives care workers, mid-wifery etc.) to acquire expertise in the field of Aromatherapy.
Module 1 (Foundations)
INTRODUCTION TO AROMATHERAPY
- Orientation with students and why they are interested in
- What is Aromatherapy?
- What are essential oils?
- Ancient and Modern History of aromatherapy and fragrances
- 1st Generation Aromatherapy/Essential oils
- The future of Aromatherapy/Essential oils and uses in different industries
- Classification of a plant and their Genus, varieties, cultivars and chemo types.
- Similarities in chemical compounds within the families
- First metabolism (Synthesis of carbohydrates, proteins and fats in a plant)
- Second metabolism (Synthesis of Aromatic molecules)
- Plant morphology
- Why plants create aromatic chemicals
- Cellular structures of aromatic molecules
- Environmental influences on different crops
- Endangered species in the plant kingdom
CHEMISTRY OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Introduction to basic (atomic theory, defining, elements, atoms, molecules, compounds chemical bonding, structure of the atom)
- Defining and looking at the fundamentals of Organic
- What is Aromatic Chemistry
- Functional chemical groups in essential
- Common chemical components in essential
- Chemistry of carrier oils and explaining the difference between their molecular structure and the essential oil structure
DISTILLATION & EXTRACTIONS
- Types of Distillations
- CO2 Extractions
- Solvent extractions
- Quality control
- Gas chromo graphic
- Understanding the ratios and toxic
METABOLISM & ABSORPTION
- Methods of application and their effects on the mind and
- Absorption and components found in blood brain
- Internal external use and safety.
- Skin types and absorption
- Disrupted skin barrier
- Dilutions for applications
- Contraindications on high-risk
FORMULATIONS OF ESSENTIAL OILS
- Synergistic formulations
- Breaking down a formulation to achieve therapeutic understanding and activity of
- Contraindications and safety measures in blending and case
- Olfactory system
- The limbic system
- The interpretation of scent
- The colors of scent
- How scent effects the Autonomic Nervous system (Para sympathetic- sympathetic states)
- Carrier oils/fixed oils
- Botanical name
- Family name
- Nutritional value, saturated and unsaturated fatty acid
- Therapeutic properties
- Oxidization and shelf life
- Influence of carrier oil on essential oils
- Formulating Gels
- Formulating Balms
ESSENTIAL OIL MONOGRAPHS (70 ESSENTIAL OILS) that includes the following:
- Botanical name and Family and
- Extraction method
- How plants and essential oils were used through out
- The evolution of the term and also how they are used today!
- The need to insure sustainability of natural
- Major chemical components in the essential oils and the functional group they come from.
- How the chemicals influence the clinical activity of each
Each Essential oil will be reviewed by the following
- Therapeutic effect of the chemical constituents in the
- The Therapeutic effect of the essential oils as a 3. Learn about how they
- influence the essential oils aroma and therapeutic
- The safety of the essential oil and its constitutions constituents .
- Typical applications and dilution rates of each oil
Module 2 Clinical Applications
- Scope of Practice
- Assessments in practice
- Case Studies
- The Skin
- Pain Management
- Antimicrobial activity on different types of essential oils
- Sedative activity on the nervous system
- Anti-spasmodic and spasmogenic on involuntary/voluntary muscles
Anatomy and Physiology Module (100 hours)
Requirements - Pathology cards according to core curriculum lists - definition, treatments and limitations. Healing Fragrances Review exam CFA Anatomy and physiology exam.
A full study of anatomy and physiology alongside with the therapeutic applications of essential oils for different systems and the pathologies associated with them.
The following modules include video recordings, handouts and diagrams.
- Foundations in Anatomy and Physiology
- The Cell
- Muscular / skeletal
- Reproductive system
- Nervous system/Neuro-Endocrine
- Urinary System